A friend of mine is putting together his first deck for potential investors. In typical startup fashion, they launched a product, got a number of users, and then iterated several times to improve the service. With the product in the hands of tens of thousands of users, they started getting inbound requests from larger organizations […]
Jan 22, 2009
in Digital Media
My brother-in-law, composer and recent Emmy winner, Ben Decter, is kicking it this week in Sundance while two of his movies Heart of Stone and We Live in Public make the rounds. This summer he and I spoke about We Live in Public and Josh Harris. It took me a few minutes to remember who […]
Jan 22, 2009
I had lunch with a friend last week when we were talking about the days years and years ago where it was cool to have an email address on your business card. In fact, I remember picking attorneys to work on our venture deals in the mid-90s not only based on cost and experience but […]
Jan 12, 2009
As I look around post-holiday season, I am seeing more and more regular, non-technical friends and family get connected on their mobile devices. What does that mean? A great example is that of my father-in-law who got rid of his old Motorola Startac and exchanged it for an iPhone. Yes, he got an iPhone, and […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.