Despite these tough times, there are still some bullheaded companies who think they can grow their way out of this mess or find the right M&A partner to bail them out. I can guarantee you that this is a recipe for disaster. I was on the phone today with the CEO of one our portfolio […]
Oct 15, 2008
I did an interview with Rich Maguire of Datamation last week which he just posted yesterday. While the markets seemed to get excited for a day about the bank bailout, attention is turning toward an even bigger problem for startups, a potential recession. The consumer no longer has that ATM called their house and confidence […]
The alarm bells are ringing in Silicon Valley and start-up land today with Sequoia Capital and Ron Conway telling companies to prepare for the economic meltdown and to raise cash by cutting their burn. This is not new news as being in New York we started to feel the real economic impact in mid-September as […]
Oct 1, 2008
I received some incredible news last night from two portfolio company CEOs updating me on our Q3 numbers. They not only hit their respective forecasts set early in the year, but they beat them. Normally I expect our portfolio companies to hit their numbers, but I am ecstatic because we delivered in the midst of […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.