What I like to tell portfolio companies is that on average it will take 6 months to raise capital with some cycles being shorter and some being longer. Given that, it is imperative for a company to start thinking about its next round well ahead of time and the milestones it needs to hit to […]
May 21, 2008
I had some interesting meetings yesterday and as I reflected on them this morning, one common theme emerged which is that the next generation of the web will be built on data mining and extracting intelligence from the reams of data web services collect on a daily basis. This reminds me of a post I […]
May 15, 2008
in Digital Media
Every day it seems we are reading about the power of social networking to transform the Internet and how we communicate online and also consume and discover new content. While that is true and clearly changing the consumption habits of online users, today seems like a flashback to the old school Internet days where traditional […]
May 14, 2008
As you know, I have always been a believer in open standards (see my post from January 2006). Being a market leader, it is quite easy for Facebook to create their own standard similar to how every other instant messaging network was started. And to that end, Facebook started down that path. But just today, […]
May 9, 2008
As I have mentioned before, Nokia is one of the few handset manufacturers to get it (See my post from 2/07 on this). Nokia understands that hardware margins are eroding and like in many technology businesses the value is in the software and monthly service revenue. In addition, as time goes by, more and more […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.