Congratulations to Bill, Scott and team on our new $27mm round of funding led by Meritech and including Sun Microsystems and SAP Ventures. You guys have been pushing the envelope since I have known you and delivering some spectacular results to boot. It is nice to see our team and product get validated with a […]
Jan 17, 2008
I got a call before the holidays from a prospective customer that I introduced to one of my portfolio companies. He said he loved our product, saw it fitting in perfectly into their platform, but that we were not responsive enough to their needs. I was able to get a second chance for our team […]
Jan 16, 2008
I am helping a friend who has the most popular books on baby naming bring it all online. Our development on the backend is close to complete, and we are looking for a great web designer who can create a few templates and themes for us. This is a database driven site and the homepage […]
Jan 16, 2008
Here is another example of one of my portfolio companies’ mantras: Google giveth and Google taketh away (see my post from April for more on this). Who knows the real reason why Google shut off Adsense for Incredimail (Nasdaq: MAIL) but look at what happened to the stock in one day—a 40% drop. I am […]
Jan 10, 2008
I was catching up on my feed reader this morning and noticed my friend Jeff Nolan’s post (also see Brad Feld) on Newsgator and FeedDemon RSS clients now being free. I know that Jeff joined Newsgator because of his belief in the enterprise, and I applaud the company’s new strategy. As I have written before, […]
Jan 9, 2008
I had a great conversation wtih a friend of mine yesterday about the latest release of his product. He had mentioned that one of my clips from the Economist (see below) on Evan Williams from Blogger and Twitter fame spurred some lively debate at his company. The key thought from Evan is rather than worry […]
Jan 9, 2008
As you know, I am a huge believer in open standards and that open standards (over time) will usually prevail over proprietary, closed networks. And my one wish from a social networking perspective was to really be able to manage all of my relationships from various networks and my interests from one meta-application. In June […]
Jan 1, 2008
I have been a Ravens fan for quite awhile, and I am glad they finally made this move. Being an avid sports fan and former DI lacrosse player, I have always tried to take lessons from the sports world into the business world. This is yet another example that reminds me of working with startups. […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 15 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- I hate shitty software – webroot spysweeper v5 Jul 25, 2006
- iPod sucks Nov 26, 2005
- Remember Long Term Capital? Mar 24, 2006
- Tips for the first VC Meeting Nov 29, 2005
- RSS Ads Feb 28, 2005
- Branding first starts with your team May 17, 2013
- Camping out and closing deals Jan 15, 2013
- Cutco Knives and startups Sep 28, 2012
- Startups and Intellectual Property (IP) May 16, 2012
- What entrepreneurs can learn from Jeff Spicoli Jan 25, 2012
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. :) I would love to be ...
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an ange...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have fo...
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.