Before I dive into this post, I want to apologize to those who may be sensitive to the non-PC nature of this. Anyway, as always, I have met and spoken with a number of startups during the past week. There are obviously all different types of companies with different funding needs but the ones that […]
Sep 26, 2007
Sep 20, 2007
in Digital Media
NBC just announced that it is going to offer free TV show downloads online allowing viewers to take more control of their content. I agree with Fred ,however, that while this is a smart move that this is only half a step since they are limiting the view to 7 days before it self destructs. […]
Sep 12, 2007
I am definitely the first one to understand that there is no free lunch on the web. At the end of the day, someone has to pay for all of the great services and content out there. To boot, I am a big believer in the ad-driven model of content. To this point, there is […]
Sep 11, 2007
Over three years ago, I wrote a lengthy post on how to run a great board meeting. And after having been at a few board meetings in the past couple of weeks, I was reminded again of one of the most important rules of running a great board meeting – be prepared and make sure […]
Sep 5, 2007
in On Demand
The first time I heard the term Red Shift was from my portfolio company, Greenplum. Greenplum has used red shift to characterize the nature of the existing database market where exponential data growth driven by network computing and internet applications have outstripped the capacity of existing mainstream vendors. Hence, a new approach was needed (our […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.