I met with a 10 person company the other day and once I got to Slide 2, I immediately started having questions about the opportunity. What struck me was a company that had a CEO, COO, and a VP of Marketing and a VP of Sales. You have probably heard this many times before but […]
Jun 15, 2006
When you first release your product to the market, it is extremely important to think long and hard about product pricing. I can’t tell you how many meetings I have had where I have thought that companies were giving too much away for too cheap a price. Or they have given their product or service […]
Congratulations to Greenplum (full disclosure: portfolio company) as it announced its first referenceable customer, Frontier Airlines, last week. To refresh your memory, Greenplum develops software that allows customers to deploy terabyte scale datawarehouses leveraging PostgreSQL at significant price/performance advantages over exsiting solutions. Building credibility is an important step for startups and getting referenceable customers and […]
Jun 5, 2006
While the Motorola Q phone got delayed in its release, I went out and got the new Cingular Blackberry 8700c a few months ago. Since then, my hands down favorite application has been Google Maps for my device. Call me cheap, but I have always hated using 411 service and getting charged exorbitant rates for […]
Jun 3, 2006
I recently sat in a presentation which a portfolio company CEO gave for a potential strategic partner. He first started out with a two minute explanation of the business and then insisted on diving into the demo. I wasn’t sure if that prospective partner really got it and before we knew it, the CEO said […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.