The buzz around offshoring has certainly died down over the last year. For a period of time, you could not pick up a magazine or read a newspaper without a lead article on the dangers of offshoring. I had dinner tonight with a portfolio company CEO who has managed to shift most of his resources […]
Jan 26, 2006
Today is Wayne Gretzky’s birthday, the greatest hockey player of all time. Anyway, as I was looking at Today’s Highlights from Answers.com, I was reminded of a couple of my favorite quotes from him: "You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.""A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player […]
Jan 18, 2006
As you are probably well aware, Google just announced open federation with other IM services via XMPP (jabber). It’s about time that someone did this. Sure, the Trillians of the world are great to have as aggregators of networks but what I really want is ONE identity that is cross network, cross platform, and cross […]
Jan 15, 2006
Sure, the next-generation web is cheap. It is about cheaper bandwidth, cheaper hardware, free software, and better tools. In other words, you get much more done with much less than in years past. I have written about this in a prior post, Web as Platform. Anyway, has anyone noticed the arms race for talent out […]
Jan 2, 2006
I remember when I first got into this business over 10 years ago and one of my partners told me that the secret to success is about the people, not about the technology. All too often we are enamored with how cool or sexy a technology is, invest lots of dollars to create that killer […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 15 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- I hate shitty software – webroot spysweeper v5 Jul 25, 2006
- iPod sucks Nov 26, 2005
- Remember Long Term Capital? Mar 24, 2006
- Tips for the first VC Meeting Nov 29, 2005
- RSS Ads Feb 28, 2005
- Branding first starts with your team May 17, 2013
- Camping out and closing deals Jan 15, 2013
- Cutco Knives and startups Sep 28, 2012
- Startups and Intellectual Property (IP) May 16, 2012
- What entrepreneurs can learn from Jeff Spicoli Jan 25, 2012
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. :) I would love to be ...
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an ange...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have fo...
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.