As I have written before, most of the talk about this next generation web has focused around consumer applications. I, however, have always believed that we should not forget the enterprise. This resurgence of web-based and loosely coupled applications has been driven by consumer-based innovation but there are many pockets of opportunities for the enterprise […]
Dec 15, 2005
One of our advisors for our fund hosted a New York CIO dinner last night. It was a gathering of 30-40 of some of New York’s leading technology buyers, mostly from the financial services industry. As a VC, it was quite interesting to hear about the state of technology spending and what is top of […]
Dec 14, 2005
At the CIO dinner I was at last night (more on that later), I had the opportunity to play with a demo model of the Motorola Q Phone running on a Verizon EVDO network. After a few minutes with this device, there is no doubt in my mind that Motorola will have another hit on […]
Dec 7, 2005
I would even apply this frictionless sales model to the consumer web. We all know that the Internet is turning every media company upside down about worries of cannabalizing their existing business. It is clear that CBS gets it as they just announced that March Madness will be delivered free over the Internet. CBS will […]
Dec 7, 2005
As you know, I am enamored by frictionless sales. Frictionless sales means reducing the pain for customers to adopt and use a service/product and consequently reducing the cost of sales and marketing to get a customer and generate revenue. As I mention in an earlier post, "The less friction you have in your sales and […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.