Sep 28, 2005
in Venture Capital
Well, there is clearly lots of money sloshing around in alternative assets like hedge funds, private equity, and venture capital. That being said, I still believe there are plenty of great investment opportunities. In an earlier post titled, "Go Early, Go Late, or Go Home," I shared some of my thoughts on what company stages […]
Sep 22, 2005
Much focus has been put on the VOIP service market where you have the likes of Vonage and SunRocket (just announced another big funding round today) who want to replace your landline and the non-traditional players like Skype and now Google, AOL, and Microsoft. However, what is more interesting to watch for me is the […]
Sep 14, 2005
What is clear to me is that companies that get it use the Internet in a big way as a sales and marketing channel and even a delivery mechanism for their products. Companies that don’t miss a huge opportunity. Siebel does not get it, Salesforce.com does. Skype gets it while Vonage does not. What I […]
Sep 9, 2005
I was in a board meeting last week reviewing a product release schedule for the next year. I was extremely concerned that we missed the last release, and as we dug in deeper what we saw were a few features scattered throughout the schedule tied to deals that were just closed. Now this would not […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.