There has been lots of discussion about Tim O’Reilly’s Web2MemeMap. This is a nice graphical representation of what is happening in this next wave of the Internet. As an add-on to this, I thought I would compare and contrast some differences, all quite obvious, with the first euphoric Internet wave. I have shared many of [...]
Sep 28, 2005
in Venture Capital
Well, there is clearly lots of money sloshing around in alternative assets like hedge funds, private equity, and venture capital. That being said, I still believe there are plenty of great investment opportunities. In an earlier post titled, "Go Early, Go Late, or Go Home," I shared some of my thoughts on what company stages [...]
Sep 22, 2005
Much focus has been put on the VOIP service market where you have the likes of Vonage and SunRocket (just announced another big funding round today) who want to replace your landline and the non-traditional players like Skype and now Google, AOL, and Microsoft. However, what is more interesting to watch for me is the [...]
Sep 14, 2005
What is clear to me is that companies that get it use the Internet in a big way as a sales and marketing channel and even a delivery mechanism for their products. Companies that don’t miss a huge opportunity. Siebel does not get it, Salesforce.com does. Skype gets it while Vonage does not. What I [...]
Sep 9, 2005
I was in a board meeting last week reviewing a product release schedule for the next year. I was extremely concerned that we missed the last release, and as we dug in deeper what we saw were a few features scattered throughout the schedule tied to deals that were just closed. Now this would not [...]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 15 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- I hate shitty software – webroot spysweeper v5 Jul 25, 2006
- iPod sucks Nov 26, 2005
- Remember Long Term Capital? Mar 24, 2006
- Tips for the first VC Meeting Nov 29, 2005
- RSS Ads Feb 28, 2005
- Branding first starts with your team May 17, 2013
- Camping out and closing deals Jan 15, 2013
- Cutco Knives and startups Sep 28, 2012
- Startups and Intellectual Property (IP) May 16, 2012
- What entrepreneurs can learn from Jeff Spicoli Jan 25, 2012
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. :) I would love to be ...
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an ange...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have fo...
- Marcus Robbins: Right on the money! I started w Cutco in 00' as ...
- Billy Bob: ...and on today's episode of "how to be disingenuo...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.
- Marcus Robbins: Right on the money! I started w Cutco in 00′ as an 18 year old college freshman, I never...
- Billy Bob: …and on today’s episode of “how to be disingenuous.” The problem with this...