I was talking to a portfolio company CEO today about his sales pipeline and one of the key items of interest for me was understanding competitive dynamics. Besides looking at the raw numbers, I like to understand whether or not we are seeing more or less competition, why we are winning, and why we are […]
It is clear that we are moving towards a consolidation phase in the technology sector. M&A activity has been heating up over the last 18 months as strategic acquirers are looking to bulk up and broaden their product offerings. During the last few months, we have had a few board discussions on this very topic. […]
Mar 5, 2005
I was reading Barron’s this morning and came across an article (sorry-need subscription for this) claiming Cisco’s potential appeal as a value stock. It is hard to believe that this high flying company which once was the largest market cap company at $600b is now potentially a great value play. The hot growth sector these […]
Mar 3, 2005
I have said many times before that with respect to doing deals that saying No is as important as saying Yes. Let me elaborate. A portfolio company has recently been in trials with a potential strategic partner about a reseller relationship. We got in first, set the criteria for success to leverage our technical and […]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 18 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- Alex: Thanks so much for posting this. I have had a hell of a time explaining my relatives and friends why I am...
- Sarah: Jose Ramirez, If you find yourself with no recs go back through your initial list that you created in...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.