From day one, I got into blogging not knowing what to expect and figuring out the best way to learn about a market is to dive into it and become a user. So I did that 18 months ago assuming that the time I spent as a blogger would either help me find compelling investment [...]
Feb 25, 2005
A number of companies are developing software and sytems which rely on packet processing at high speeds to deliver their respective functionality. This includes companies in the networking and security space. The debate over custom ASICs versus off-the-shelf components has raged on over the years. Over the last five years a new class of chip [...]
Feb 18, 2005
in Open Source
Last year at this time, I was at Demo in Arizona watching a couple of my portfolio companies launch new products and networking with other VCs and entrepreneurs. Given my travel schedule of late, I decided to go to Linuxworld in Boston for a day and follow Demo from many of the bloggers like Jeff [...]
Feb 10, 2005
Professor Noam Wasserman of HBS along with individuals from J. Robert Scott, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, and Ernst & Young LLP put together an annual compensation report for venture-backed companies. If you are venture-backed and interested in participating and receiving a free copy of the report to baseline compensation for your employees, [...]
Feb 10, 2005
I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday about doing business development deals, and he was quite frustrated by the process that he was experiencing with one potential partner. He was calling on the highest levels at the company and knew that the ultimate decision rested with an executive committee. He met with 4 [...]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 15 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- I hate shitty software – webroot spysweeper v5 Jul 25, 2006
- iPod sucks Nov 26, 2005
- Remember Long Term Capital? Mar 24, 2006
- Tips for the first VC Meeting Nov 29, 2005
- RSS Ads Feb 28, 2005
- Branding first starts with your team May 17, 2013
- Camping out and closing deals Jan 15, 2013
- Cutco Knives and startups Sep 28, 2012
- Startups and Intellectual Property (IP) May 16, 2012
- What entrepreneurs can learn from Jeff Spicoli Jan 25, 2012
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. :) I would love to be ...
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an ange...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have fo...
- Marcus Robbins: Right on the money! I started w Cutco in 00' as ...
- Billy Bob: ...and on today's episode of "how to be disingenuo...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.
- Marcus Robbins: Right on the money! I started w Cutco in 00′ as an 18 year old college freshman, I never...
- Billy Bob: …and on today’s episode of “how to be disingenuous.” The problem with this...