On Thursday, I had the opportunity today to speak on a panel at the SAEC Global Venture Congress. Other panelists included the moderator, Scott Maxwell from Insight Venture Partners, Bob Gold of Ridgewood Capital, Robert Dennen of Enhanced Capital Partners, Todd Pietri of Milestone Venture Partners, and Roger Hurwitz of Apax Partners. Our panel was [...]
Jan 29, 2005
There is obviously lots of innovation happening in the search space. Luckily, I have 2 portfolio companies that I respectively invested in during 1999 and 2000 which survived the nuclear winter and are having an opportunity to contribute to this innovation by helping make search better and easier for users. One is Gurunet which delivers [...]
Jan 21, 2005
Yesterday, I had the opportunity to spend time with the CTO of a major financial services company with a $1 billion IT budget. In these meetings I like to learn about the major priorities and where the open opportunities for early stage companies exist. The good news was that the company was very open to [...]
Jan 7, 2005
in Open Source
Jonathan Schwartz from Sun has a good post about the nature of developers, and why building a relationship with them is key to creating opportunities.One of the smartest software execs I’ve worked with had a saying, Developers don’t buy things, they join things." That’s been a pretty focusing statement for us over the years, and [...]
Jan 7, 2005
in Digital Media
Just the other day, I took a redeye back from Israel and bumped into a couple of Israeli VCs and entrepreneurs making their annual journey to CES. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous but since I have a number of trips scheduled in the upcoming weeks, I decided to pass on [...]
Ed Sim is founder of BOLDstart Ventures and co-founder of Dawntreader Ventures. Mr. Sim has over 15 years of venture capital experience having led seed and first round investments in a number of high profile Internet and software companies.
- I hate shitty software – webroot spysweeper v5 Jul 25, 2006
- iPod sucks Nov 26, 2005
- Remember Long Term Capital? Mar 24, 2006
- Tips for the first VC Meeting Nov 29, 2005
- RSS Ads Feb 28, 2005
- Branding first starts with your team May 17, 2013
- Camping out and closing deals Jan 15, 2013
- Cutco Knives and startups Sep 28, 2012
- Startups and Intellectual Property (IP) May 16, 2012
- What entrepreneurs can learn from Jeff Spicoli Jan 25, 2012
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. :) I would love to be ...
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an ange...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have fo...
- Marcus Robbins: Right on the money! I started w Cutco in 00' as ...
- Billy Bob: ...and on today's episode of "how to be disingenuo...
- Hercules Fernandes: Well Noah, look no further. I would love to be the one to help with that experience....
- Chris: One of my best friends, who is about to do an angel round for his start up, and I constantly say,...
- Jose Ramirez: I currently am showing/saleing cutco but i have found myself with no leads/ Recomendations.
- Marcus Robbins: Right on the money! I started w Cutco in 00′ as an 18 year old college freshman, I never...
- Billy Bob: …and on today’s episode of “how to be disingenuous.” The problem with this...